We take the protection of your personal data very seriously and would like you to feel secure when you visit our website. We process personal data collected during visits to our website solely in accordance with statutory provisions, in particular in accordance with the EU's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Collection and storage of personal data during visits to our website
Whenever you visit our website, the browser used on your end device automatically sends information to the server of our website. This information is temporarily saved in a log file. The following information is collected without any action on your part and stored until it is automatically erased:
- IP address of the computer sending the request
- date and time of access
- name and URL of the file retrieved
- website from which access is obtained (referrer URL)
- browser used and, possibly, your computer's operating system
- name of your access provider
The mentioned data are processed by us for the following purposes:
- to ensure that the connection to the website runs smoothly
- to ensure easy use of our website
- to analyse the security and stability of the system
- for further administrative purposes
The legal basis for the data processing referred to above is Article 6(1)(f) GDPR. Processing the data referred to above is necessary to enable a website to be made available and thus allows us to pursue our company’s legitimate interests.
The data referred to above is erased as soon as it is no longer needed for the purpose of displaying the website. Collection of the data for the purpose of displaying the website and storage of the data in log files is essential for operation of the website. Users have no possibility of appeal. Data may be stored for a longer period of time in individual cases if so required by law.
Disclosure of data
We only disclose your personal data to third parties when:
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR, you have given your explicit consent to such disclosure
- such disclosure is permitted by law and, pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(1)(b) GDPR, where required for the performance of a contract to which you are party
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(1)(c) GDPR, disclosure is required for compliance with a legal obligation
- pursuant to Art. 6 (1)(1)(f) GDPR, disclosure is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by our company and for the purposes of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims and there is no reason to assume that you have any overriding and legitimate interest in the non-disclosure of your data.
In addition to this, we use temporary cookies that are stored on your end device for a specified pe-riod of time to improve user-friendliness. Should you return to our website to make use of our ser-vices it is automatically recognized that you have visited the website on a previous occasion; any entries and settings you have made will also be recognized so that there is no need to re-enter them.
The data transmitted to us via the cookies will be erased as soon as it is no longer needed for the purposes described above. Data may be stored for a longer period of time in individual cases if so required by law.
Our website offers users the opportunity to subscribe to a newsletter if they wish to do so. To enable us to send you the newsletter on a regular basis we need the following information:
- Your e-mail address and, in some cases, your name
Your data will not be shared with third parties in connection with sending out the newsletter. We use what is known as the double opt-in procedure to send out the newsletter. This means that we will only send you the newsletter after you have confirmed your registration by clicking on the link given in the confirmation e-mail sent to you for this purpose. By doing so, we wish to ensure that only you yourself as the owner of the stated e-mail address are able to register for the newsletter. You must confirm your registration as soon as possible after receiving the confirmation e-mail as your newsletter registration will otherwise be automatically erased from our database.
The processing of your e-mail address for the purpose of sending out the newsletter is based on Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
Your e-mail address will be stored as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. It will be erased when you cancel the newsletter. Your e-mail address may be stored for a longer period of time in individual cases if so required by law.
Signing on to the restricted area (login)
To enable you to use the services in the restricted area of our website we save and process your e-mail address and a login name of your choice. You may state your first name and family name for user administration purposes if you wish to do so. Should you cease to work with us, your data will be fully erased from the system on the working day following the day of termination.
We use services provided by Google, Google Ireland Limited (“Google”), Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, on our website. Incorporating these services means that Google is also able to process personal data. This means that it cannot be ruled out that information may be transferred to servers in a third country and processed there.
Under https://www.privacyshield.gov/list, Google undertakes to abide by the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-US Privacy Shield Framework on collecting, using and storing personal data from EU member states and Switzerland respectively. Google and its wholly owned subsidiaries in the USA have submitted a declaration relating to the principles of the Privacy Shield – see also https://www.google.de/policies/privacy/frameworks/.
We ourselves do not have any influence on which data Google actually collects and processes. Should you need to register a Google account in order to use analysis services or other services Google can add the processed information to your account, irrespective of your account settings, and treat it as personal data, see in particular, https://www.google.de/policies/privacy/partners.
You can define your level of data protection yourself via your cookie and Google account settings (e.g. erase or block cookies, etc.). For further details, please consult Google’s data privacy information which can be accessed via https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/. Information on Google’s privacy settings is available under https://privacy.google.com/take-control.html.
Google Maps and Google Fonts
This website uses Google Fonts and Google Maps, services provided by Google Inc. These are incorporated whenever a call is made to a server, usually a Google server in the USA. This means that information on which website you have visited is transferred to that server. In addition to this, Google also stores the IP address of the browser used on the end devices of visitors to this website. For details, please consult Google’s privacy information which is available under the following links:
Information on the use of videos
Our website may contain videos from the YouTube website which is operated by Google or by specialist information providers such as Deubner, DATEV etc. A connection to the servers of the relevant information provider will be established whenever you visit pages containing videos. This means that information on your surfing behaviour will be transmitted to the server concerned via your IP address. You can only prevent this by not accessing the video or, in the case of YouTube videos, by logging out of your account, if you have one. YouTube also provides details on the handling of user data in its own data privacy declaration, available under: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
Job applications may be submitted by e-mail via our website. Data sent to us in job applications is processed for the purpose of identifying suitable applicants. The legal basis for processing your e-mail address is Art. 6 (1)(f) GDPR.
Erasure of data
Your data will only be stored until a decision on your application has been taken and will subsequently be erased.
Information on the use of social networks
Where we provide links to external social networks on our website, such sites are indicated by logos or with the addition “Like”, for example. Clicking on such links usually means that plug-ins will be activated and your browser will establish a direct connection with the servers of the social network concerned. Should you follow these links and register with the social network, the information that you have visited our website will be shared with that network. In general, the social network operator will be able to assign your visit to our website to your account and store the information on web servers abroad. We have no influence on how much data is collected, how your personal data is processed by social networks and your rights in social networks. Please consult the data privacy conditions of the relevant social network before visiting such sites.
You have the right:
- pursuant to Art. 15 GDPR, to request information on whether or not we process your personal data. In particular, you may request information on the purpose of processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been/is disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of the right to have your data rectified, or erased, the right to restrict processing, the right to object, the existence of the right to complain, the origin of your data, if it was not collected by us, and the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, where appropriate, meaningful information relating to details in connection with this process;
- pursuant to Art. 16 GDPR, to request rectification of inaccurate personal data stored by us and concerning yourself or completion of incomplete personal data stored by us and concerning yourself without undue delay;
- pursuant to Art. 17 GDPR, to request erasure of personal data stored by us and concerning yourself unless processing of the data is required for the purpose of exercising the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with legal obligations, for public interest reasons or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- pursuant to Art. 18 GDPR, to request that processing of your personal data be restricted if you contest the accuracy of the data or where processing of such data is unlawful but you oppose erasure of the data although we have no further need of it but you require it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims or you have objected to processing pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR;
- pursuant to Art. 20 GDPR, to retain personal data concerning yourself and which you have made available to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to request transfer of the data to another controller;
- pursuant to Art. 7 (3) GDPR, to withdraw your consent at any time. This means that we will no longer be permitted to continue the processing of your data, which was based on your consent, in future and
- pursuant to Art. 77 GDPR, to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. It is generally possible for you to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority at your usual place of residence or place of work or our head office.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6(1)(1)(f) GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Art. 21 GDPR, to file an objection to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons relating to your particular situation or the complaint is related to direct marketing. In the latter case, you have a general right to object which we will comply with without your having to state that a particular situation applies.
Simply send us an email if you wish to make use of your right to withdraw your consent or of your right to object.
Data protection commissioner
Herr Harald Ilisch
Hannover Software UG
Liability for Content:
We have taken due care in the preparation of the contents of this website. However, we cannot guarantee that the content is accurate, complete and up-to-date. As stipulated by section 7, paragraph 1 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), we are responsible for our own content on this site in accordance with general laws. We do not assume any responsibility for decisions taken by the user on the basis of the above information. We would like to point out that the content at hand is neither an individual legal, accounting, tax or other professional advice or recommendation and is not intended to replace individual counselling by qualified personnel, taking into account the specific circumstances of each case.
However, according to article 8 through 10 of the German Telemedia Act (TMG), as a service provider we are not obliged to monitor information that has been transmitted, cached or saved from other sources or to investigate circumstances which may represent unlawful activity. The obligation to remove or block access to information in accordance with generally applicable laws is not affected by this provision. However, any liability in this respect shall be excluded until knowledge of a concrete violation of the law has been obtained. The contents in question will be removed immediately as soon as we are made aware of such violations.
Liability for Links
This site contains links to external websites which belong to third parties. We do not have any control over this content and its topicality. For all of these links the following shall apply: we cannot assume liability and responsibility for this third-party content. The respective provider of the sites is always responsible for the content of the linked web pages. We reviewed the linked pages for any possible legal violations or infringement of rights at the time they were created. However, it is not reasonable for us to monitor the linked pages continuously without having received any specific indication of a legal violation or an infringement of rights by said content. Upon receiving knowledge of such legal violations or infringement of rights, we will immediately remove these links.
Liability for E-mail
The transmission of emails to us from our website shall have no legal validity in terms of deadlines. We would also like to point out that the transmission of emails using the Internet is not secure and that there exists the possibility of external parties gaining access to information as well as the possibility of data manipulation. We therefore hope you will appreciate that we cannot be held liable for the content nor the manipulation of the content of emails. Our office takes all reasonable precautions to protect against viruses. It is in our mutual interest for ensuring effective communication that we kindly ask you to also use virus software and always check email file attachments with a virus program prior to sending or opening them, as we shall assume no liability for damages that may arise as a result of viruses.
The layout of this website, the graphics and images used, as well as the collection of links and individual contributions presented on these pages are protected by copyright. We reserve all rights, in whole or in part, including the rights of photomechanical reproduction and the duplication and distribution via special processes (e.g. data processing, data carriers, data networks).
WEB-layout, design and creation
Auf dem Sonnenberg 42
VAT ID No.: DE217474902
Telephone: +49 (0) 2236 880080
Telefax: +49 (0) 2236 8800829
Mobile: +49 (0) 177 5367946